Jul 12, 2014

Gateau


I usually don't stay for fika here, but Gateau still has a place in this blog. I always buy my bread here. You can also find artistic pastry; the other week I bought some for my oldest son´s birthday. And it is here Anders and I buy our take-away Americanos, when we catch the train to Copenhagen or haven't had time to eat breakfast at home. The sandwiches are made to order and they put on plenty of ham and cheese etc. Some costumers even ask for less!

Gateau was established in the 80's in Stockholm. They were then situated on Norrmalmstorg and were proud of being the most expensive café in the city. 2011 Gateau opened several cafés in Malmö and after a while they were forced to adjust the prices in line with  Malmö.

If you like something sweet that will keep you satisfied all day, then choose the Köpenhamnaren. If you like to buy some bread, I vote for Grand Blanc or Apricot and Hazelnut Bread, which both are delicious to toast!

Some info
Americano 23
All the sandwiches (you choose the type of  bun) cost 35 with topping. For example salami/brie.
One popular pastry is Lemon Meringue Pie 35
Wi-Fi - No

Getting here
Mon-Fri 6.30-18.30
Sat-Sun 8-17


No comments:

Post a Comment